Standard Process – Calamari Omega-3 Liquid Supports the Cardiovascular System, Normal Blood Pressure, and a Healthy Immune System*
Omega-3 fatty acids are associated with good health. These polyunsaturated fatty acids cannot be made by the body, so they must be obtained through diet. They are found in fatty layers of cold-water fish and shellfish, English walnuts, flaxseed, plant, nut and algae oils, and fortified foods. Omega-3 fatty acids are used to assemble cell membranes, support blood flow, and make chemical messengers called cytokines.*
Where does Calamari Oil Come From?
More than 2 million tons of squid are caught around the world each year. Of this, 10% of the food-grade raw material is not used for human consumption. Calamari oil comes from this unused portion. The calamari oil is then processed and tested to ensure optimal levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. Studies show that calamari oil is the highest known source of DHA.
Is Calamari Omega-3 Liquid for you?
Health care organizations recommend two servings of oily fish per week for healthy adults, this amounts to a daily total of 500 mg of EPA and DHA. Standard Process’ Calamari Omega-3 Liquid is a convenient, sustainable** way to increase your Omega-3 essential fatty acid intake for targeted system support, as well as your overall well-being.* It provides a natural concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, including 800 mg of DHA and 400 mg of EPA per serving. The liquid form has a clean, understated citrus taste and is perfect for people who cannot, or prefer not, to swallow pills.
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Assists in triglyceride management (for triglyceride levels already within a normal range)
- Supports normal blood pressure that is already within a normal range
- Supports healthy normal blood coagulation
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function, as it relates to periodic challenges like consumption of a high-fat meal or strenuous activity
- Supports cognition
- Promotes emotional balance
- Supports skin, nail, and hair health
- Supportive, but not conclusive, research has shown that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.*
Calamari oil has a higher concentration of DHA compared to typical fish oil, one teaspoon delivers 800 mg of DHA along with EPA. This is particularly good for people seeking better brain health and wanting to reduce risk for degenerative and inflammatory brain diseases, including dementia and Alzheimer’s. At Lewis Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center, P.A., we believe that nutrition should be customized to meet each patient’s specific needs. If you would like to know if you could benefit from supplemental DHA and EPA, ask us about Standard Process Calamari Omega-3 Liquid. To learn more, please call 410-876-8885 and make an appointment with Bio-Wellness by Dr. Greg.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**Certified sustainable from the independent nonprofit group Friend of the Sea®.